Deck the halls with these fun and easy homemade Christmas tree ornaments. With just 3 simple ingredients you can transform your Christmas tree into a DIY masterpiece.
3/4 cups of applesauce
1 cup of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of white glue
You will also need holiday cookie cutters, decorative ribbon, icing, and sprinkles.
1. To get started, preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine applesauce, cinnamon, and glue. Using your hands, form into a large, firm ball.
2. Roll out the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and carve out desired shapes using your favorite holiday cookie cutters. Lay ornaments on a baking sheet lined in parchment paper.
3. Poke holes near the top of the ornaments using a plastic straw. This will be where you add your ribbon or string for hanging your ornaments.
4. Bake in the oven for 120 minutes. Remove and cool.
5. Add finishing touches. Using ribbon, icing, and sprinkles you can decorative your homemade Christmas tree ornaments any way you wish.
Keep in mind, these DIY Christmas tree ornaments are not edible. The recipe calls for glue, which is necessary for creating durable and sturdy ornaments that last all season long.
Get into the spirit of the season and let your creativity flow with this fun and festive holiday craft. Not only are these homemade ornaments incredibly easy to make but they will fill your home with the sweet aroma of cinnamon.